Saturday 1 July 2017

Horncastle, Lincoln and a Lincolnshire hare!

The bookmarks, from my earlier post, have now been completed:


Continuing my review of a meander around Lincolnshire - we caught a bus to Horncastle in time to visit the Saturday market, although, in truth, we spent rather more time in some of the many antique centres for which this lovely little town is known.


I collected images of shop fronts and other commercial buildings as future inspiration when stitching streets. I can never resist ducks! As to the piles of china - the most unusual 'antique shop' I have ever visited!

It was at about this time in our holiday that the weather changed - a beautiful hot spell which we had not expected and we spent Sunday morning on a ramble from our campsite. Not quite into the wolds but gently sloping and very beautiful!


I wasn't carrying a tripod, and haven't entirely mastered the camera, so the image of the hare is not of a great quality, but what a treat and definitely one I'll use in stitching!

And so to Lincoln. We had visited, and greatly enjoyed the Lincoln Christmas market of 2015, but it does tend to swamp the city and we thought we should like to wander at a more leisurely pace and in the presence of fewer visitors.



In my next post Alford and Louth!

No comments:

Post a Comment