Monday 19 March 2012

Manic Monday....

...... "Where's my ........" , "I need.........", "Why can't I find......."

Their school timetables don't vary week to week, after school is busy but pretty much the same each week. Monday always follows Sunday and is usually the start of the school week. How any of the routine takes them by surprise each week I have no idea. My son just needs books, food and cash each day. My daughter has complicated days with netball kit, saxophone and sometimes art portfolio in addition to her school bag all to be accommodated on a crowded bus - but Monday is just a standard school bag. My daughter wears a school uniform, her brother wears the same clothes for school each week - no lengthy decisions to be made there then. So why do I end up screaming 'Its quarter past and I'm not driving just because you two are too lazy to be organised!!' - pretty much every week?

They dash out, after the bus should have left, relying on it being late - and I spend the next ten minutes wondering if they are going to reappear begging a lift. If not, I finally, get chance to start my week.

My first item of the week is listed on Etsy and I am about to embark on a huge clearout at home - long overdue and very necessary in preparation for some tradesmen we need to help us with some improvements - nothing very major but time has stood still in this house for 18 years and we need an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment