Monday 14 February 2011

Where did these come from?

I'm sorry - I have allowed myself to become side-tracked again and have still to do the photos for the next work in progress blog.

I was working on some more fabric painted panels for pendants and brooches and wanted a little more fine detail than I was getting with the Caran D'Ache crayons. I remembered having some Derwent watercolour pencils and went to search them out. I didn't find them - which remains a mystery, however, I did find a set of 12 Caran D'Ache Classicolor pencils which I have absolutely no recollection of buying or of  receiving as a gift!

They work wonderfully well - wherever they came from, and I have designed a pendant inspired by my photos in the last post. I won't show you here, since this is not meant to be an extra shop window for my work. It has been listed in Folksy for anyone who is interested. Anyone any suggestions as to the origin of those pencils though?

1 comment:

  1. I have a personal philosophy that when you are hunting for something you rarely find it but often find something you forgot you had or never saw before. So if you really need to find the thing you are looking for......look for something else instead and you are more likely to find it : )I was hunting for my acrylic paints the other day and found some silk fibres I forgot I had ever bought!

    ReplyDelete