Saturday 29 May 2010

Flickr Feast

I love to visit exhibitions and festivals, when I can. Now I've made myself sound like a seasoned needlework-festival goer, and, unfortunately, I'm not. I have enjoyed the ones, mainly local, which I have made it to. There are also one or two other places which I have visited that hold needlework collections - such as the Elizabethan needlework at Hardwick Hall in Derbyshire.

Its cold and wet and miserable outdoors today. We hadn't planned anything in particular since we weren't too sure what our 13 year old had planned with her friends. She slept out, bivvying with Scouts, last night! Actually 'slept' is rather a miss-noma on this occasion. Anyway she got back, left trail of smoke-infused laundry and went out shopping!

So I settled down to go a-visiting and marvelling on Flickr. I'm not a fan of the principles of face-book - maybe one day! However, Flickr just seems such a natural way to discover other very visual craft works and find out a little about their makers. A wonderful, international, open-all hours, rich programme of exhibitions and galleries! Paradise!!!

I have recently joined these groups, and after a pause for a late lunch, intend to make some new contacts, read some new blogs, and then go to look for more. Why not set out to join me. These are amongst my favourite groups at present:


2 comments:

  1. Hardwick Hall is a great place to visit. I love the gardens in the Spring and the views all year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking through Flickr sites too - so much talent it makes you want to cry sometimes! I'm off to have a look at your choices they sound like ones I'd be interested in. I don't normally post links in comments but I think you might like to look at this textile mural of life in the 50's we visited this week, it's stunning http://thesockgarden.wordpress.com/2010/05/27/the-country-wife-textile-mural/

    ReplyDelete