Sunday 21 March 2010

A mile in Pyjamas

My daughter managed it! After all, four circuits of the track isn't far for a fit and active (well apart from a headache and a snuffle) 13 year old. Now if I was expected to do it.....

Why whenever we need our daughter to leave the house - for school, music lesson, to play in a concert, to go away for the weekend, do we have to prise her away from the mirror? If she's going to climbing club or Scouts she doesn't bother. Now if we asked her to parade in front of a crowd in her Winnie the Pooh pyjamas we would have no chance. Her scout leader asks her to do it and she can't think why we're surprised.

Thank goodness for Scouts, climbing club and any other activities which allow 13 year olds to be 13!

Sport Relief should hopefully see some benefit as well.

-------o0o-------

I intended to supervise rather than bowl yesterday. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out like that. I have quite large finger joints - I'm sure athritis is brewing - prefer not to think about it. Anyway, I've always found that I get my fingers stuck in the comfortably-light bowls. Whereas those with the large enough holes .....! So today I have a sore right hand and a stiff shoulder - but the Brownies enjoyed it!

Just managed enough dexterity to make this one ( can't seem to type straight though!):



-------o0o------

No comments:

Post a Comment